Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Song of Esalen

I am spirit,
I’m a place beyond the World;
Caught on the edge
Where crystal sand has been hurled.
I’m the restless sea.
I am the rocks above.
I am the butterflies
High on love.
I am steep, ragged cliffs
Falling into the sea.
I am sudsy foam
Crashing in on me.
I am passing whales
Who spout white water.
I am joyful treasures,
I am dolphin and otter.
I am hot pools and rock pools
Where I am cleansed of my worry.
I am slow walks and quiet talks.
I don’t have to hurry.
I am dark fertile earth.
I am gardens that grow.
I am dreamtime succulents
Who say that they Know.
I am green, spongy grass
Who says, "Come play on me.”
I am the salt in the air
Rising out of the sea.
I am raccoon, masked robber,
Who steals in the night
Along with my brothers,
We hug in delight.
I’m a clear, happy creek,
Over rocks tumbling down.
I flow by a building
Where silence goes round.
And way back beyond
I’m a canyon that goes deep
In quiet solitude
I bathe in the creek.
I am giant redwoods
That long ago burned.
I made hollow cathedrals
Where people could learn.
I am tall reaching pines,
Home for butterfly dreams.
I am sky-diving hawks,
Feathers chasing their screams.
I am flowering vines,
Who climb over banks.
I am you passing by,
Our eyes touch in thanks.

I am Spirit
I am the rock that meets the sea.
I am Spirit.
I am all that I can be.

No comments:

Security is not about taming the ocean,
it’s about learning how to sail your boat across it.